Tuesday, September 17, 2013

TDW's Customer (Dis)Service

Customer service is an important part of any business. Sometimes we have questions about products or services, complaints, and other concerns that we hope could be addressed by the company. From my experience TDW's customer service could use some major improvement. 
...


After receiving all that damaged furniture the company was very unhelpful. They quickly respond to emails when you want to make a purchase but don't seem to care if you have any problems afterwards. I tried emailing and calling them and they told me there was nothing they could do. They rudely hang up in your face or put you on hold until you give up. I was tired of it so I asked to speak to the manager and coincidentally he was out of the office. They told me to leave my name and number and he would call me back and of course he never did. Eventually I was able to get a hold of him and all he had to say was "We don't see the merchandise. Contact Coaster Company because it was shipped from them" and hung up. If your going to scam people out of their hard-earned money then the least he could do is give me Coaster's phone number. When I tried calling back he put me on hold directly.

Since I could never get a response from them through email or phone I decided to visit their facebook page. I send them a private message which was ignored so I had no choice but to comment on their facebook posts. The next day I noticed my comments were gone and I could no longer post. What kind of serious company does that? They can't face their customers so they just block and ignore them hoping they would give up.

Is my experience with them a rare occurrence or a common practice? Have a look at other complaints regarding their customer service:

Scamexposure.com:
"The Director of that company is called Rapheal an International Thief or Florida 419. He collected from me $3500.00 to be a broker Agent, as at toady they have my money. All is scam and they will not get your phone calls."

Freeadvice.com:
"On 11/08/04 I received the merchandise to my shock the merchandise Were old used tested store returns, some were marked for destruction total garbage. I called them up and informed them of situation. They instructed me to photograph merchandize and send them the pictures, which I did the same day. I called 2 days later to find what happened, they told me after a long wait on the phone that they will arrange for UPS to come and pick them up from my house and once they receive them, they will refund my account $2570. Immediately I checked them out on [url]www.ripoff.com[/url] which I should of done before duh! And found out other people were ripped off by them and didn’t receive their money. Now I'm scared to send the junk back to them not knowing they will honor the agreement to send me my money back once they receive the merchandize" 

BBB:
"Not to mention that it has taken over three months to get a response from them. I have called and email the company more than 20 times, I ask to speak to the person in-charge and I am yet to speak to that person. I was assured he/she was going to call on Tuesday 7/19/2013 in the afternoon, well, that call never came. I contacted Mrs. *******, my point of contact and inform her about it. They have not returned my calls or reply to my emails."
 
Not to mention that it has taken over three months to get a response from them. I have called and email the company more than 20 times, I ask to speak to the person in-charge and I am yet to speak to that person. I was assured he/she was going to call on Tuesday 7/19/2013 in the afternoon, well, that call never came. I contacted Mrs. *******, my point of contact and inform her about it. They have not returned my calls or reply to my emails. - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/surplus-and-salvage-merchandise-stores/discount-warehouse-inc-the-in-sunrise-fl-26000540/complaints#sthash.iVmsseZm.dpuf
Complaintsboard.com:
"DO NOT EXPEND YOUR HARD EARN MONEY ON THIS CROOKS. you will receive nothing but headaches, bad merchandise, and lousy costumer service."

Ripoffreport.com:
"I called their service representative and the procedure has been described in lots of other complaints already. First, say she needs to talk to her manager. Then say her manager needs to do some check. Then her manger gave $500 credit. But again, when I sent her email, she never replied. You can not image how quick her response when you order the pallet."

"Some of the things I received were socks and underwears that were not in packages, used clothing and flea market clothes, that I couldn't profit from. I contacted Carol two more times and no response and I even emailed the main address, but again no response."
NOTE: I never dealt with anyone named Carol. This complaint was from 2005 so she may have quit after getting sick of all the complaints or uses a different name with customers.

"They said they have no control over the items in the shipment. That is bogus, because they had to handle the items to count them. I ordered 300 items and I got 300 items. Who else had control over what was in the shipment, if they did not?"

"Anyway, I immediately called Angie and told her about the shipment. She said there was nothing she could do and she would have to call me back in 15 minutes. So I wait. No call, so I call her. Instead I get a guy named, Jason, who tells me "it doesn't matter what the tags say". "It doesn't matter if it says used". Also, "you signed a paper stating merchandise is sold 'as is'." So basically that gives them a license to defraud me. There is a difference between store overstock and used merchandise! They grossly misrepresented what I was buying. Then he says he can't do anything and the boss will be in tomorrow. So 8:00 am Jan. 21 I call Jason, he says the boss will be in at 1:00. So I call back at 1:00. He then says the boss, Mike, will offer me $1000 credit towards my next purchase but nothing more. I ask to talk to Mike. No Mike. "Try again in a couple of hours." So I call at 3:15 and get an answering machine. I left a message to contact me. Then I try the 800 # & someone tells me he's gone."
NOTE: I never spoke with anyone named Angie, Jason, or Mike either.  I'm starting to think they have been the same few people since the beginning and they just keep changing their "nicknames" every once in a while. 

"after several days of leaving messages and no return calls i call customer service. oh, by the way if you go to their website and complain through the feedback link you get an automated email with all their sh*t advertised. no one actually reads it. anyway, i finally get a real person that listens to my complaint. she tells me mike will give you a call when he comes in. no call! next day, call back. i get carol my sales person. i go through the same spiel again. carol puts me on hold for a minute. carol says that she has just spoken to karla who was on her way back from lunch. carol says karla will call you in 10 minutes with a solution to your problem. great!..... she never calls!"

"I think that this company is a big fraud as we continue to try and call the company to let them know that they sent the wrong package that was decribed and they give us the run around that they do not have any control of what is sent."

"I called about 15X on 4/2/07 before I could talk to a manager personally. The sales staff kept putting me into voicemail even though I repeatedly said I would stay on hold."

To see more complaints about customer service visit our partner blogs:
http://tdw-thediscountwarehouse.blogspot.com/
http://tdwcloseoutsscam.wordpress.com/

3 comments:

  1. Hey man sorry for that experience. I was about to do business from them i was going to buy baby products and i told them i wanted to visit them and choose the merchandise, but they told me it doesn't work that way because all baby and kids merchandise comes from Pennsylvania and i shouldn't come just send the money. Is this the same BS they tell everyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's their usual excuse. On their website they claim:
      "We are not brokers: we own all the salvage and closeout merchandise that we offer to our clients."

      But once you buy from them and discover you've been sent garbage they claim the merchandise was shipped from a different warehouse and that they don't see the load.

      I would definitely recommend NOT to buy anything for children or babies from TDW. In a more recent article I shared a complaint from a woman who was guaranteed less than 10% of the items were returns and 90% shelf-pulls (same lie I was told). She received rotted, used mattress pads and comforters that she immediately threw out.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post's to be precisely what I'm looking for. Would you offer guest writers to write content for you? I wouldn't mind producing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome weblog!

    ReplyDelete