Thursday, August 28, 2014

Three Chances

The following customer made three attempts with TDW Closeouts and was misled and lied to in every case.

Posted August 8th, 2014 on Better Business Bureau:




The Salesperson, ***** lied about the merchandise they were offering. I was told that the load I was purchasing would NOT have ANY customer returns. I was lied to about a truckload of merchandise that was sold to me by *****, a salesperson for the discount warehouse. I had ordered from them on two previous occasions and had not been pleased with the merchandise that I received. I was told that the loads would contain a mixture of overstock, customer returns and damaged items, however there was nothing new on the loads and nearly 75% was completely damaged and unsellable! I complained and was offered a store credit but that was all. At that time I informed ***** that I would not be ordering from them in the future and spending good money after bad! I continued to get emails from ***** about loads and one day one caught my eye so I decided to call about it. Email mentioned truckloads that were not made available that often and that you had to call for details and pricing, so I called. ***** informed me that there were only three loads available, a K-Mart load a Groupon load and a Walmart load. I was told that the Groupon load was customer returns, but the K-mart and Walmart loads were MOS loads (merchandise out of stock) meaning that the merchandise was never sold and that I would be VERY happy with these loads and that I would definitely make my money back and then some. She even offered me a discount on the loads, only $12,200 for the K-Mart load which had 52 pallets and $7800 for the Walmart load with what I was told would be a minimum of 28 pallets, because she wanted to earn my business back. We spoke for nearly 20 minutes on speaker phone with my step mom who is my store manager, my sister who works the store and my girlfriend in my office and hearing the entire conversation. I informed ***** that because of our previous dealing and that fact that I barely made my money back I had only $10,000 in my entire budget left to buy new merchandise and if I did not profit from my next purchase if would shut me down and I would have to close my doors. Again ***** assured me that the merchandise would be ALL new with absolutely NO customer returns at all!!! I asked her at least a half dozen times about the customer returns, and every time she reiterated that there were NO customer returns on the K-Mart and the Walmart load and I should be able to double my money on those loads. As I stated I had only $10,000 to spend so eventually they convinced me by lying to me again and again about the load being all new merchandise I decided to go with the Walmart load because with the shipping added to it the cost was $9700. I wired the money to them for the order and waited. It took nearly 2 weeks to get the load. when it arrived the shipping manifest said that I was to receive 26 pallets, 2 short of what I was promised, but we only received 24 pallets. The load was also nearly ALL customer returns, so once again I was lied to!!I immediately called ***** to complain about the load and the missing pallets, she spoke to her boss, Mr. ******* ******* and I was assured that it would be taken care of. after 3 day of waiting I called again and was told that they would NOT be sending the pallets but offered me a credit again. I told them NO and that if I did not get the missing pallets I was going to seek legal action. After a letter from my attorney I was offered a refund of $1000 and a $3000 dollar credit. I told them that I would not accept ANY credit and only want a refund of $4500. They said no way and offered me $1500. I countered with a minimum of $2500 and no less. At that time Mr ******* had his attorney respond. After talking with my family and figuring out what it would cost to sue I decided to accept the offer of $1500, but now he says he will deduct the attorney fees from his attorney from the $1500. This man has a pattern of conducting business and he has probably put me out of business. The man is a thief and a liar!! 

TDW's response taking no responsibility for missleading yet another customer and essentially blaming the customer for trusting them:

The merchandise that Mr. ***** ***** received, came directly from the department store warehouse to him, therefore is really hard for us to know every detail of each load that our customers buy. As Mr. ***** ***** mentioned is not the 1st time he bought merchandise from us, so he was completely aware that he may receive some customer returns on the loads that may be damaged or with defect, he even signed a document that stated this. Anyway we were willing to try to find a solution to this, and we offered him $1,500 back (even when in the document he signed, he was aware we don't do any refund)He refused it and his lawyer contacted us, we explained everything to him also, and gave him a copy of the document Mr. ***** signed. We still want to fix the matter with Mr. ***** so we now offer him $1,200 refund plus $1,000 credit that he can use in future purchases.

2 comments:

  1. I also got ripped off from these CROOKS!!! I even talked with the owner Raphael Shabtai and he GAVE ME HIS WORD that he would take care of the problem. He LIED TO ME and his WORD IS NOT WORTH NOTHING!! If you can't take a man at his word says alot about his character and Raphael Shabtai word is CRAP!!! Check out his facebook!! Seems as though he is living the high life and RIPPING OFF THE SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!.....I also got ripped off from these CROOKS!!! I even talked with the owner Raphael Shabtai and he GAVE ME HIS WORD that he would take care of the problem. He LIED TO ME and his WORD IS NOT WORTH NOTHING!! If you can't take a man at his word says alot about his character and Raphael Shabtai word is CRAP!!! Check out his facebook!! Seems as though he is living the high life and RIPPING OFF THE SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS!!

    ReplyDelete